8 Smart Ways to Strengthen E-Commerce Marketing Strategies
Updated: Mar 1, 2022
As online is the new marketplace, buying and selling (commerce) here is termed eCommerce! As flamboyant as the word sounds, it attracts an equal, if not more, return on investment, which in today's scenario is more than any other form of marketing. The term started in 1994 when the first online transaction took place on the website NetMarket E-commerce marketing strategies account for 100% access rates of commerce.
Ecommerce is also known as electronic commerce. Every process from market research to advertising about the product to closing the transaction is done online, hence electronically.
Must-haves in E-commerce marketing strategies:
1. Good Pictures:
E-commerce marketing starts with the pictures, unless the pictures used are attractive, no visitor is going to bother and click on them. Social media allows photos, collages, text over the simple background, icons, and illustrations and these can act as power images in having the audience on the website. Some image specification tips are listed below:
Aspect Ratio: The aspect ratio of an image is the ratio of its width to its height, and is expressed with two numbers separated by a colon, such as 16:9, sixteen-to-nine. The supported aspect ratio is between 9:16 to 16:9 (Horizontal: 16:9, Square: 1:1, Vertical: 4:5 or 2:3, and Full Portrait: 9:16).
The angles: The product must be available for view from all sides, close-ups, and in some settings. There are generally three angle options, high, low, and eye level. Depending upon the product, an angel can be decided or can be presented in 3-D view for the buyer’s satisfaction.
The background: The choice of background determines how prominent the product will look. Usually, a light background helps enhance the image and gives it a personality.
Pixel Per Inch: a blurred image of course won’t attract a click. The best resolutions for website and mobile view are needed. Digital images go best at 72 PPI. There are free editing tools like Google and Picasa, the resolution can be seen in the right column. The point to note here is that every time an image is saved, some bit of resolution is lost.
2. Create unique content: Original has a charm and appeal that nothing else can match. It’s important to make sure that the content is original yet trendy. This helps create an impression that lasts longer and, in turn, helps generate revenue by way of trust.
3. Master your website's design: The first impression of the website can either make the visitor subscribe to it or never visit it again 😅. This is the reason the marketing strategy for e-commerce businesses relies heavily on the tools for checking how the website looks on various devices. Responsinator, Screenfly, Google DevTools Device Mode, Google Resizer, Ghostlab. Browser Stack, CrossBrowser are popular tools for this purpose. One really useful tool is Mouseflow’s heatmap software Mouseflow Equips heatmaps to produce an unnamed summary with details of where people click/touch, move the mouse, scroll, notice, and to which geography they belong. It brings to light the valuable patterns in customer behavior on your website. This helps a big deal in understanding customer behavior patterns and adding more of what attracts them. Optimizing for mobile is imperative as most of the users first try to check on mobiles.
4. Content marketing: marketing strategy of e-commerce has no significance without comprehensive planning on content marketing. Contents can be various. Blog posts, reels (short videos), u- tube videos, LinkedIn articles, newsletters, banners, etc. Investing in software products and training the team of creative writers, go a long way in developing appropriate content. Sometimes it's a smart idea to outsource the content work to a content specialist.
The 80/20 rule indicates that 80% of social media posts should be useful to your audience — meaning, it educates, entertains, or offers a solution to their problems and only 20% should explicitly promote your business.
5. Social media marketing: the best e-commerce marketing strategy: Social media marketing is the use of social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, YouTube, and Snapchat. These are the platforms to connect with the audience and create a niche for the product or services. Connectivity further helps pull the audience towards the purchase and increase the business.
6. Email marketing: Email has been around as a way of communication since the beginning of the online world. It has proved to be essential for e-commerce marketing strategies and that’s the reason it’s around. It’s an effective and personalized way of reaching out to customers. It can be used to tell about the company products and services and added up with attractive promotions. Trackers to know how many receipts opened and availed the offer to help in continuous improvements.
7. Search engine optimization (SEO) for eCommerce: Search engine optimization is about a way of directing the traffic towards a given website or webpage and ensuring a good ranking for the website. It is the process of increasing the quality and quantity of traffic that gets directed to the given webpage from various search engines, especially the leading search engines, such as Google, Bing, and Yahoo! Content has to be planted with appropriate keywords to ensure that the website appears in maximum searches on the search engines whenever the relevant content is concerned. Search engine optimization is a continuous process, the highest rating keywords need continuous embedding. These keywords are infused into the content and increase the ranking of the website. Increased traffic further leads to revenues.
8. Pay-per-click advertising (PPC for eCommerce) marketing strategy in e-commerce has to be a mix of techniques., PPC is an online advertising strategy that promotes an online store and its products through PPC ads. These ads can display on search engines, social media networks, and websites. PPC for eCommerce works well for generating sales because it targets ready-to-buy shoppers.
E-commerce marketing strategist in a digital marketing agency work with the focus on increasing the business of the firm. Brainstorming sessions and planning to improve sales is an ongoing activity. For any online business to reach its goals in every respect, be it awareness, sales, revenue, etc., it's very important to have the marketing strategies in place. Concrete strategies will ensure the posts are engaged, click-through rates are high, rankings are as per the requirement.
Conversions are what businesses look at, and must have to survive and excel!
To know the best marketing strategies for your firm, contact our digital transformation agency.